Resource Management, Inc. (RMI) is the premier residuals management company in the Northeast. RMI specializes in developing specialty soils and soil products for topsoil dealers to enhance product sales and performance. RMI’s Heart & Soil® line of products improve your business by establishing a demand for high quality products that ensure repeat customers.
Because topsoil is a finite natural resource that does not replenish quickly, manufactured soils that have the properties of topsoil are becoming an essential, low-cost alternative.
RMI’s Heart & Soil® products can be sold as a stand-alone product, or blended with your base soil to create the specialty topsoils that sell for a premium, and generate repeat sales.
Heart & Soil® Products Include:
- Engineered Topsoil high-quality manufactured topsoil that outperforms conventional loam
- Wood Ash fast-acting liming fertilizer that supplies potassium, magnesium and adds a rich, dark color that enhances loam quality and sales
- Paper Fiber erosion resistant material that increases organic matter, improves water holding capacity to resist drought and is perfect for steep slope projects
- Biosolids fertilizer provides nitrogen and phosphorus to ensure a jump start on plant growth
These products will enhance your topsoil quality and increase sales based on excellent results for your customers.
RMI uses Engineered Topsoil in place of conventional loam. Engineered Topsoil combines materials high in organic matter and nutrients with a common borrow sand to create a high quality topsoil.
Engineered Topsoil is an ideal product:
- Virtually no soil loss on 3:1 and steeper slopes, even prior to vegetative cover
- Withstands severe rain storms; high water-holding capacity
- Can reduce mulching requirements and length of uninterrupted slopes
- More dense vegetative cover than with conventional topsoil
- Long-term pool of soil nutrients provides continued vegetative cover over long periods of time
- Eliminates need to strip topsoil for reclamation
- Provides more sustainable vegetative cover
- Protects surrounding surface water and natural resources by reducing erosion potential
Engineered Topsoil is recommended for use over conventional loam by engineers who have seen the difference in performance.
How is it made?
RMI’s Engineered Topsoil is produced through an engineered blending of organic residuals and a mineral base material which results in a nutrient-balanced vegetative growing medium that is superior to native loam in its ability to retain moisture and resist erosion. The soil-building characteristics of the organic residuals in Engineered Topsoil provide for topsoil that will sustain a healthy grass ecosystem with minimum inputs of maintenance or fertilizers. RMI’s Engineered Topsoil typically consists of Paper Fiber, Biosolids and common borrow sand.
Staff soil scientists and agronomists will assist you in determining the best application for your project, including soil, recipe, and blending considerations. RMI technical support and Heart & Soil product quality ensure that you get the results you are looking for in a cost-effective and environmentally friendly manner.
Let our qualified staff assist you in determining the best application for your operations.
For more information about our RMI services or products, please contact us at RMI@RMIrecycles.com