RMI specializes in restoration and reclamation projects for spent sand and gravel operations and other disturbed land. RMI provides a cost-effective alternative to importing topsoil and other expensive restoration options.
Disturbed Land and Gravel Pit Restorations
RMI uses Engineered Topsoil for reclamation of disturbed sites. Engineered Topsoil combines materials high in organic matter and nutrients with a common borrow sand to create a high-quality topsoil. Engineered Topsoil can be used on-site for a one-time reclamation or can be harvested annually for sale to high-end specialty markets.
Engineered Topsoil is an ideal product:
- Virtually no soil loss on 3:1 slopes, even prior to vegetative cover
- Withstands severe rain storms; high water-holding capacity
- Can reduce mulching requirements and length of uninterrupted slopes
- More dense vegetative cover than with conventional topsoil
- Long-term pool of soil nutrients provides continued vegetative cover over long periods of time
- Eliminates need to strip topsoil for reclamation
- Provides more sustainable vegetative cover
- Protects surrounding surface water and natural resources by reducing erosion potential
Staff soil scientists and agronomists will assist you in determining the best application for your project, including site, soil, and nutrient management considerations. RMI product quality and technical support assures that you get the results you are looking for in a cost-effective and environmentally friendly manner.
Let our qualified staff assist you in determining the best application for your operations.
For more information about our RMI services or products, please contact us at 603-536-8900