Resource Management, Inc. (RMI), an organic waste, residuals management and recycling company headquartered in Holderness, NH, has an immediate full-time opening for a Project Assistant – Compliance & Environmental Planner. This position is responsible for implementing the company’s compliance program with the objective of maintaining local, state, and federal regulatory compliance pertaining to the beneficial use of regulated residuals. Responsibilities include verification of compliance with regulatory requirements, assisting in preparation of permits, preparation/updating of maps using GIS and assisting in compilation and submittal of all required reports to regulatory agencies. The incumbent will also be tasked with overseeing the company’s compliance data management program. While most of the work associated with this position will be accomplished at the company’s offices in Holderness, field work will be required on such tasks as soil sampling and site evaluation using company GIS equipment. This individual may be required to attend town meetings, visit property abutters, and participate at trade shows and conferences.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Policy or Planning, Cartography, Soil Science, or related field. Course work should include GIS related technologies (ArcGIS Online, ESRI products, etc.) and equipment (Trimble, Garmin, etc.)
- The successful applicant must:
- Be detail oriented, be able to multi-task and independently problem solve in a progressive fast-paced environment with strict deadlines, and be able manage his/her time with a minimum of direction.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to process and decipher complex federal, state and local regulations.
- Possess excellent computer and information processing skills.
- This is an entry level position but work experience and/or internships in an environmental and/or applied GIS related capacity would be very helpful. Also helpful, though not required, would be agricultural related work experience, e.g., work on a family farm, applicable summer employment, etc.
For an outstanding opportunity, comprehensive benefits, and an attractive salary, please fill out the form: