See how biosolids are being used around the country. Learn more about how clean water is made from wastewater. Following are links to other national and regional organizations with information and resources about biosolids, clean water and recycling.
- The National Biosolids Partnership - an organization and website dedicated to biosolids information for the USA: www.biosolids.org
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: http://www.epa.gov/owm/mtb/biosolids
- Water Environment Federation: http://www.wef.org
- New England Biosolids and Residuals Association (NEBRA) http://www.nebiosolids.org
- Mid-Atlantic Biosolids Association (MABA): http://www.mabiosolids.org
- Great Lakes By-products Management Association (GLBMA): http://www.glbma.org
- Northwest Biosolids Management Association (NBMA): http://www.nwbiosolids.org
State and Provincial Biosolids Programs
- Maine's Residuals (including biosolids) management program is described at... http://www.state.me.us/dep/rwm/residuals.htm
- New Hampshire's Biosolids Management regulations are available at... http://des.nh.gov/organization/commissioner/pip/factsheets/wwt/documents/web-17.pdf
- New York's solid waste regulations include biosolids management; they can be found at: http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/regs/360.htm
Research and Other Links
- The July 2002 report on biosolids land application from the National Academy Sciences is available at http://books.nap.edu/books/0309084865/html/index.html.
- The National Research Council's, 1996 peer-review report about the federal 503 regulations, "Use of Reclaimed Water and Sludge in Food Crop Production," is available at http://www.epa.gov/owm/mtb/biosolids/useofmid/index.htm
- Biocycle: http://www.biocycle.net This journal is an excellent resource for residuals management.
- FAQs About Biosolids: http://biosolids.org/docs/frequently asked biosolids questions.pdf
- FAQs About National Pretreatment Program: http://cfpub1.epa.gov/npdes/faqs.cfm?program_id=3
- Guide to Understanding Biosolids Issues: http://biosolids.org/docs/Guide_to_Understanding_Biosolids_Issues_052506.pdf
For more information about our RMI services or products, please contact us at RMI@RMIrecycles.com.